Saturday, May 01, 2010

2010 Spinetingler Award winners

This year's list of winners in the Spinetingler Awards has an international flavor. OK, an Irish flavor. All right, Northern Irish.

Stuart Neville's The Ghosts of Belfast won for best novel by a new voice and Adrian McKinty's Fifty Grand for best novel by a rising star. (Spinetingler breaks down its categories by the number of books the author has published. Michael Connelly's The Scarecrow won in the "legends" category, for authors who have published lots and lots of books. He beat a field that had international presence of its own, in The Complaints by Ian Rankin and Tower by Reed Farrel Coleman & Ken Bruen.)

My favorite international contender, Jacques Tardi & Jean-Patrick Manchette's West Coast Blues, fell short in the comic/graphic novel category, and a guy named Peter Rozovsky did the same in his bid for a historic second Spinetingler victory, losing as best reviewer after sharing last year's award for special services to the industry.

I'll be brave. Meanwhile, congratulations to the winners.

© Peter Rozovsky 2010

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Gerard Murphy said...

You was robbed.

But congrats to the winners. As I write this, I have just a few pages of Fifty Grand to go. I shall now make a cup of coffee and sit down and enjoy the rest of the book all the more knowing that it's an award winner.

May 01, 2010  
Blogger Peter Rozovsky said...

Thanks for the kind words. I congratulate my opponent, and I pledge to help in any way I can as a member of the loyal opposition.

Enjoy the book, and don't spill the coffee.

May 02, 2010  
Blogger Loren Eaton said...

I second Gerard's opinion. Grrr ...

May 02, 2010  
Blogger Peter Rozovsky said...

Ah, you're a true gent.

May 02, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home