"We're not prudes, we're gynecologists": More palaver from Crimefest panels
- "He helped other writers also. He put out the Saint magazine."
- "In the cast of cities, bars are closing. The rents are too expensive. ... When streets get too expensive, the first things to close is bars, where people used to meet."
- "The nice thing about writing about Laos is that they've had forty years of civil war, and they can still sit down at the end of the day and have drinks and make jokes."
- "We're not prudes, we're gynecologists."
- "In Glasgow everyone pretends to be working class. It's a kind of reverse snobbery."