Sunday, May 26, 2013

McKinty's stock rises; analysts say buy

The Wall Street Journal profiles Detectives Beyond Borders favorite Adrian McKinty on the occasion of the U.S. release of I Hear the Sirens in the Street, a novel as good at its title.

The article also invokes McKinty's "Dead" trilogy: Dead I Well May Be, The Dead Yard, and The Bloomsday Dead, the books that got me reading McKinty.

Not many newspapers devote space to crime fiction these days, so props to the folks at the Wall Street Journal. Something is happening, and you know what it is, Mr. Dow-Jones.
*
McKinty's novel The Cold Cold Ground recently won a 2013 Spinetingler Award for best novel. That's a worthy feat; those Spinetingler folks and the people who follow them are some of the sharper and more discerning minds in the crime community. And hey, we Spinetingler winners have to stick together.

© Peter Rozovsky 2013

Labels: , , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger adrian mckinty said...

Peter

Thanks for the hup ya. And remember as my representative in Bristol you have to comport yourself with dignity.

Also keep an eye on Colin Bateman. I've noticed that he mysteriously goes to the toilet when its his round...

May 26, 2013  
Blogger Peter Rozovsky said...

I will never pass up a chance to use a "Ballad of a Thin Man" pun; the pleasure is mine.

I don't know about Colin Bateman. You and Declan Burke talk about him all the time, I've read a couple of his books, and someone has posted under his name a time or two at Detectives Beyond Borders, but he's not on the attendees' list for Crimefest, and I've never seen the guy. I'm beginning to think that he doesn't exist, that he's a front, that he's an alias for James Patterson.

May 26, 2013  
Blogger adrian mckinty said...

Peter

That would explain a lot.

Declan, by contrast, does not shirk his round buying responsibilities...

May 26, 2013  
Blogger adrian mckinty said...

actually I'm only kidding about Bateman (just in case he's reading this). I've noticed that the two worst insults you can bestow on an Irishman are 1) that he has no sense of humour. 2) that he doesn't get his round in.

May 26, 2013  
Blogger Peter Rozovsky said...

I have stood drinks for Irishmen and been treated equally hospitably in return, by Declan among other. As it happened, I too hastily (and jocosely) accused him of not discharing his responsibilities in that regard, and, yes, he took good-natured umbrage.

May 26, 2013  

Post a Comment

<< Home