DBB slips into some shorts
- Mr. Calder and Mr. Behrens by Michael Gilbert
- Erased and Other Stories by author, cameraman, and Detectives Beyond Borders friend Thomas Kaufman
- A F*ckload of Shorts by cozy writer Jedidiah Ayres
- Short Sentence by miscellaneous and, saving the best for last,
- "An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge," by Ambrose Bierce
Click on the the Bierce title above and read the story free online. When you get your breath back, see if you can guess how I think Bierce addresses the great philosophical problem of almost all crime fiction.
In the meantime, what are your favorite stories, crime or otherwise, and why do you like them?
© Peter Rozovsky 2013