Sunday, May 11, 2008

What your favorite glamorously dressed detective is wearing

I've written from time to time about amateur detectives, so I took notice when Euro Crime published an interview with the creator of an especially exotic example: a glamorous transvestite/corporate consultant/computer whizz/underground-club owner, and in Istanbul, no less.

Author Mehmet Murat Somer tells Euro Crime about his unusual protagonist and, as a bonus, offers a brief guide to crime fiction by Turkish writers and by foreign writers who set their books in Turkey.

And, in another hat tip to Euro Crime, here's something that sounds like fun.

© Peter Rozovsky 2008

Technorati tags:

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Gerard Brennan said...

Hiya Pete

I reviewed The Prophet Murders recently. Here's a link if you're interested. The Prophet Murders

I hear it'll be released in the states by Penguin.

gb

May 11, 2008  
Blogger Peter Rozovsky said...

Thanks. I mentioned Mehmet Murat Somer in October in a post about amateur sleuths. I said Somer's protagonist "beat the pants off" any of my unusual examples.

And now I give you the assignment of creating a shopping list of books for me to buy in Ireland late this summer, with the focus on books not yet available in America.

May 11, 2008  
Blogger Gerard Brennan said...

Okey dokey. Number one will be Yours Confidentially by Garbhan Downey. More to follow...

gb

May 12, 2008  
Blogger Peter Rozovsky said...

Thanks. I'd seen that post of yours, and I thought Downey might offer a good introduction to the NI landscape.

May 12, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home