Friday, May 15, 2015

Crimefest and tonic

I can't quite remember the sequence of events, and I'm not sure I have all the names straight, but suffice it to say that the first day of Crimefest Bristol has restored my faith in the rationality of the human species. And that's pretty good for a crime convention's first day.

at Friday's debut authors panel.
More to follow after the pitifully meager amount of sleep that remains to me before tomorrow's panels.

Among the day's discoveries--possibly foremost among them--is that 160 ml. of tonic mixed with the gin is the perfect amount for an exquisite Hendrick's and tonic, a conclusion verified repeatedly beyond all possibility of statistical error.

Ali Karim
I have enjoyed being carried along in Ali Karim's wake, and have also had the pleasure of meeting Craig Sisterson in person, years after serving as a judge for him in New Zealand's Ngaio Marsh crime fiction awards.

I also met up with Western Australia's Alan Carter, and thanks to David Whish-Wilson for letting me know about him. Alan: I missed your panel this morning, but I bought Getting Warmer. Stop me if you see me, and I'll ask you to sign it.

© Peter Rozovsky 2015

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Prashant C. Trikannad said...

Peter, it is interesting to read about Crimefest Bristol. I had not heard of it before.

May 16, 2015  
Blogger Peter Rozovsky said...

It's a fairly new festival; this is just its eighth year, and I'm a veteran; this is the fifth i have attended. And jeep on reading; I'll be posting photos the next few days and linger reports once the festival is finished and I've had a chance to catch up on my sleep. It's good fun, and I urge you to consider attending one year.

May 16, 2015  

Post a Comment

<< Home