Saturday, September 24, 2016

Bouchercon 2016, Part III: One panel and another mess of pictures

Eric Beetner and his sister Gretchen don't take no
mess. Photos by Peter Rozovsky 
My only complaint about the panels on lesser-known writers of the pulp and paperback-original eras that I've moderated at the last three Bouchercons is that time inevitably runs out well before I run out of questions and the panelists out of answers.  This year's panelists helped out by anticipating some of those questions and incorporating the answers into their replies to questions I did ask. Eric Beetner, for example, offered some interesting comparisons of the writing style and literary chops of the two writers he discussed, William P. McGivern and Charles Williams.

Rick Ollerman
Alexandra Sokoloff
I chided several of the panelists for stealing my questions, but I was grateful to be up there on stage with such interested panelists. Thanks, Eric, Martin Edwards, Rick Ollerman, and Gary Phillips. You can buy CDs and MP3 files of the panel and all other Bouchercon sessions at at VW Tapes Conference Recording, http://vwtapes.com/bouchercon2016.aspx, purveyors of fine Bouchercon recordings for a number of years now.
Steve Cavanaugh shot by Ayo Onatade
shot by me, Noir at the Bar, Voodoo
Lounge.

Danny Gardner
Craig Faustus Buck
Johnny Shaw
Harlan Coben
Sarah M. Chen

Josh Stallings
Christa Faust
© Peter Rozovsky 2016 

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger seana graham said...

Great pictures, great panel.

I was wishing that I had some talent as a sketch artist, as I have many moments in my head that I wish I could have captured. More along the lines of caricature, though not mocking.

September 24, 2016  
Blogger Peter Rozovsky said...

Thanks and thanks. Do you have a camera? That would certainly sharpen your eye. One advantage of digital photography is that it allows endless experimentation at little or no cost after acquisition of the camera. If you have a mind for drawing, you just might have an eye for taking pictures.

September 24, 2016  
Blogger seana graham said...

I don't have a camera. I don't really know that I do have that kind of eye, but it's certainly something to think about.

September 24, 2016  
Blogger Peter Rozovsky said...

Who knows? You have that kind of mind, you may have that kind of mind. Recognizing the moment is the first step, I think.

September 24, 2016  

Post a Comment

<< Home