Tuesday, July 07, 2015

Manhattan Mayhem in The Philadelphia Inquirer

My review of Manhattan Mayhem, a star-studded collection of short crime fiction that celebrates Manhattan on the occasion of the Mystery Writers of America's 70th birthday, appears in Sunday's Philadelphia Inquirer.

The 17 contributors include Lee Child, Jeffery Deaver, Mary Higgins Clark, T. Jefferson Parker, and others, and each story takes place in or on a different Manhattan neighborhood, building, or river.

Highlights include Julie Hyzy's proving she can write chilling suspense as well as the cozy novels for which she is known, and a prime contender for greatest title ever: S.J. Rozan's  "Chin Yong-Yun Makes a Shiddach."

Read the entire review at philly.com.

© Peter Rozovsky 2015

Labels: , , , , , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger seana graham said...

Nice roundup, Peter.

July 07, 2015  
Blogger Peter Rozovsky said...

Thanks, And a roundup it was--not easy to work 17 stories into one short review. The collection is pretty good.

Have you ever read anything by my old friend Julie Hyzy? If you have, her story here might surprise and impress you.

July 07, 2015  
Blogger seana graham said...

I haven't but I do remember those cozies and you and Adrian being impressed by the punning titles.

July 07, 2015  
Blogger Peter Rozovsky said...

Perhaps especially since one of those punning titles was mine!

July 07, 2015  
Blogger Peter Rozovsky said...

Yep, my suggestion of "Secretary of Steak" became "Affairs of Steak" when the book appeared, but she did introduce me to a friend once as the guy who came up with the title, so I'm on safe ground making the claim.

July 07, 2015  
Blogger seana graham said...

I never doubted it.

July 07, 2015  
Blogger Peter Rozovsky said...

I did doubt it for a while, after the altered title appeared. I thought the publisher or someone else might have come with the similar title independently.

July 08, 2015  

Post a Comment

<< Home