Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Kelli Stanley: The San Francisco tweets

Kelli Stanley (left) is an even bigger boon than Rice-a-Roni for San Francisco Bouchercon 2010-goers. She's been busy on Twitter, tweeting tips for visitors, of which I'll reproduce as many as I can:

  • #Bcon2010 tip 23: Calif Cable Car is next to hotel--but also see the Powell St car and the classic turnaround at Powell & Market!
  • #Bcon2010 tip 22: 90 degrees in SF today & tomorrow, but fog will be here by Friday--bring layers for evening/Bay cruise!
  • #Bcon2010 tip 21: B'con organizers consulted weather wizard, guaranteeing beautiful skies! But bring layers for Bay cruises and foggy PMs!
  • #Bcon2010 tip 20: Hang out at the Crimespree table! Get a book signed, buy a cool t-shirt, & register for next year! :)
  • #Bcon2010 tip 19: In need of a pick-me-up? Don't forget the hospitality suite, co-hosted by local MWA and SinC!
Older tweets, as so often the case in life, are temporarily unavailable.
***
(Complete Bouchercon 2010 schedule here, including my two panels: "The Stamp of Death," Thursday at 3 p.m., with Michael Sears and Stanley Trollip, who write together as Michael Stanley; Yrsa Sigurðardóttir; and Christopher G. Moore; and "Flags of Terror," Friday at 10 a.m., with James R. Benn, Cara Black, Lisa Brackmann, Henry Chang, Jassy Mackenzie and Stuart Neville.)

© Peter Rozovsky 2010

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Kiwicraig said...

So jealous :-)

I remember watching the cable car turnaround - just one of so many cool things to see and do in San Fran. Hope you have a fantastic time Peter.

October 13, 2010  
Blogger Peter Rozovsky said...

Yep, that's one of the things I remember from my previous two visits. It is very cool.

Another thing I remember is the time a friend lent me his car to drive to the Napa Valley and visit wineries. Not the wisest reason to lend one's car, but I got it back safe.

October 13, 2010  
Blogger Sean Patrick Reardon said...

Best of luck Peter. I Really enjoy your posts for these type of events.

October 13, 2010  
Blogger Kiwicraig said...

Ah, we took a boat ride up to Napa, and then were picked up by a winery tour group...

Hope Bouchercon is treating you well Peter.

October 13, 2010  
Blogger Peter Rozovsky said...

Thanks, Sean. These convention posts are the most fun I have posting. It's always nice to meet up with old friends one sees only at these conventions, and you're about to see visual evidence of one more such meeting.

You ought to come to Bouchercon one year; it's a great event. The event has been been moving west in recent years, from Baltimore to Indianapolis to San Francisco. But next year is St. Louis, and the year after likely in Ohio somewhere, so the trend is gradually back toward your part of the country.

October 14, 2010  
Blogger Peter Rozovsky said...

Craig, this Bouchercon is off to a highly enjoyable start, and I'll enter my first post in evidence in a few minutes.

I forgot to mention that when I visited the cable-car turnaround in 1987, I walked smacked into a demonstration by disabled people demanding greater access to cable cars. They were flinging themselves out of their wheelchairs and onto the tracks.

October 14, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home