Monday, July 30, 2007

New Mystery Readers Journal

The summer 2007 issue is out, full table of contents and selected articles here. This is the second of two issues about ethnic detectives, with articles from Henry Chang, Nick Stone, Ken Kuhlken and more. Articles include "The African American Sleuth in Genre Fiction," "H.R.F. Keating's Inspector Ghote as an Ethnic Sleuth," and a personal favorite, "Writing Toronto—As Ethnic As It Gets!"

Editor Janet Rudolph always offers a wide-ranging package of articles and reviews on pertinent, provocative themes, and each issue's list of more than thirty articles is apt to contain a surprise or two. Unlike "The Ethnic Detective, Part I," this issue contains nothing by me, but I'll be baa-ack.

© Peter Rozovsky 2007

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Linkmeister said...

Cool. The Left Coast Crime convention is going to be on the Big Island in 2009, too. I should try to attend (particularly if the current airfare wars are still going on -- $40 roundtrip to other islands!).

July 31, 2007  
Blogger Peter Rozovsky said...

I like some of the plans for the Hawaii convention. I have a feeling it would cost me more than $40 to get there, though.

July 31, 2007  
Blogger Linkmeister said...

Well, I don't really expect the current price wars to continue.

I found that the LCC site had a list of mysteries set in Hawai'i, many of which I'd never seen. I wrote Ms. Rudolph to tell her thanks, and now I'm informally attached to the 2009 conference as a Hawai'i-based publicist. See my post here.

Heh.

August 02, 2007  
Blogger Peter Rozovsky said...

Yeah, the price wars have more or less ended for the destinations I fly to. And congratulations on your new role as Hawai'i-based publicist. I see that Rhys Bowen is to be a guest of honor. I just read a post by her on the Lady Killers blog. Coincidence, or something more?

August 02, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're hoping to marshall a bit of an Australian invasion at LCC Hawaii - or at least half a dozen or so of us are planning on coming - I'm booked already - now all I have to do is figure out whether I'm going to have to get a day job to pay for the cocktails :) And don't even ask me about the airfares from her to Hawaii!

August 19, 2007  
Blogger Peter Rozovsky said...

Hmm, I've never been to Hawai'i ... or to Australia ...

August 20, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home