Saturday, November 04, 2006

Will Blogger ever let me post a comment again?

I've been unable to post comments since last night. Instead, I keep getting a message that Blogger's engineers are aware of the problem. Is anyone else having trouble with this?

OK, I can post comments now, but Blogger's help desk is not working. May I suggest Blogger change its name to something more reflective of what its users get, say, Internal Error?

Wednesday: Blogger Problem. Status code: 1-500-3, anyone?
Thursday: Blogger seems to be bugged by a series of annoying but not terribly serious problems: I can't upload a photo. The links to the help desk aren't working and have not been for several days, at least the links I've tried.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The only way I can post comments is to log into my own blog first before I post.
It won't recognise my username and password on your comments section..

November 04, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Peter
It all seems to be working now as I have managed to post on my blog as well as yours.

November 04, 2006  
Anonymous Maxine said...

Yes, blogger has been a pig while you've been away. Have you upgraded to Beta? Beta is (very recently) better supported now than regular blogger, and migration is straightforward -- essentially you just have to create a new account with Google, it is all pretty automatic. I think that most people on Beta have not had as much trouble.

November 04, 2006  
Blogger Peter said...

The voice of the people has been heard. Like you, Uriah, I was unable to post comments on other bloggers' blogs. But just now, I was able to make two comments I'd been trying to make for two days.

Maxine: I'd hesitated to migrate to Beta until I had my blog up and running. Now might be a good time, though. Thanks.

November 04, 2006  
Blogger AaronX9 said...

well, let's see...

November 08, 2006  
Blogger AaronX9 said...

Yup. Seems to work fine now. I'd given up earlier.

November 08, 2006  
Blogger Peter said...

Yup, looks good on this end. Thanks.

November 14, 2006  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home