Monday, August 18, 2008

Noir at the Bar in Philly with Dave White this Tuesday

The weekend's out of the way, and now the fun can start. This Tuesday, join us for Noir at the Bar III at the Tritone in Philadelphia, featuring Dave White, author of The Evil That Men Do and the Shamus Award-nominated When One Man Dies.

Dave will read from his work, take questions from the audience, and sit for a question-and-answer session with Sarah Weinman of Confessions of an Idiosyncratic Mind.

Where:
The Tritone,
1508 South Street,
Philadelphia
215-545-0475

When:
Tuesday, August 19
6:30 p.m.

"Noir at the Bar: Where the crime is hard-boiled, and the candy bars are deep-fried"

© Peter Rozovsky 2008

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Janet Reid said...

All in all, I would rather be in Philadelphia!

I read the tag line as "candy bars are afraid" the first time through.

August 19, 2008  
Blogger Peter Rozovsky said...

Thanks for the comment, and I shall amend the tag line to eliminate confusion and, incidentally, make it scan better.

"The candy bars are afraid" could make a nice tag line for, what, a children's horror novel, though?

August 19, 2008  
Blogger Will said...

Moving around the corner from Tritone soon, so I will make it to future events. I haven't read much crime fiction but I've been on the verge of tearing through the genre after reading close together: Didier Van Cauwelaert's Out of My Head, George Simenon's Man Who Watched Trains, and Higgins' Eddie Coyle. (And my dad, A NORTH PHILLY DETECTIVE, has a bookcase full of van de Wetering and Elmore Leonard to lend me.)

I'll start following your site now.

Luc Sante gives some seemingly good recommendations in this interview.

August 19, 2008  
Blogger Peter Rozovsky said...

Welcome, and thanks. I'll have some announcements of future events soon, so you can begin filling in your social calendar.

It's interesting to learn about a detective's crime fiction tastes. Van de Wetering was the start of my interest in "foreign" crime fiction, and Out of My Head is different enough from my usual reading that I look forward to it.

I'll hope to see you at the Tritone and maybe pick up some more good recommendations.

August 19, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home